Frequently Asked Questions
We want you to have a great experience booking with ‘Your Cornwall Holiday’ so please see below for a few key points that may help you:
- How can I make a booking reservation? These can be made online or by calling the Your Cornwall Holiday Reservations Team on 07546 243372. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, Saturday 9.00 am to 4.30 and closed on Sundays.
- Do I need to pay a deposit? If you wish to make a booking more than 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday, a deposit of 25% of the total rental cost will be due. The remaining balance is then payable 8 weeks before arrival. If you are arriving within 8 weeks, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
- How can I pay? – You can use a credit card, debit card online via our secure booking facility or by BACS transfer to pay for your stay. There are no charges when using a credit card.
- Can I provisionally book a holiday? We can provisionally reserve a property without any obligation or charge for a maximum 48 hours. To do this you must call or email use. Please note that we are not able to provisionally reserve properties during peak times.
- Can I pay for my holiday in instalments? Yes, this facility is available, please ask one of our Reservations Team for further details.
- Prices – All prices are listed on the relevant property description and will include all charges for gas, electricity, bed linen and towels. There is also a £25.00 non-refundable booking fee which will be payable at the time of paying the deposit.
- What is the booking fee for? A £25.00 booking fee is payable to cover the administration and processing of each booking.
- What is a Security Deposit? All of our property owners request a Security Deposit when booking their holiday accommodation. This will be included in the property description and will be confirmed to you by our team when making the booking. The deposit is to cover any losses, breakages or damage that may have occurred during your stay and any additional cleaning costs that may be incurred by the owner as a result of your stay.
Please note: that it is your responsibility to check all the equipment in your property when you arrive and to notify the appropriate person listed on your Booking Confirmation within 24 hours of finding any damage or issues, this will assist in avoiding any confusion once you have left. Your Security Deposit will be refunded subject to everything in the property being satisfactory, 7 days after departure. Please note that it can take 3-5 working days for this to appear in your account
- When will I receive my Booking Confirmation? You will receive a booking confirmation when your Security Deposit has been paid. Your final booking documentation will be sent along with directions to Your Cornwall Holiday home when your full balance has been paid. Access details to the Holiday Home will be sent by text message a few days prior to the start of Your Cornwall Holiday.
- Does Your Cornwall Holiday offer Holiday Insurance? This is currently a service we do not offer, but it is of importance to have insurance. Most people have their own travel insurance which covers them for holiday cancellations and curtailment, but if you don’t, this is at your own risk. As part of our booking conditions, Your Cornwall Holiday advises all its customers to arrange their own insurance as you will remain liable for the whole cost of your holiday if you cancel.
- Can I book a short break? Yes you can. Most of our properties are available to book for a minimum of 3 nights or more outside of July and August, but this is subject to availability. During July and August all bookings must be for a minimum of 7 nights. Changeover days may vary depending on the individual property.
- Is it possible to book Holiday Homes for Single Sex parties or parties of Young People? Most holiday home owners are reluctant to accept hen parties/stag parties, so if you are a party of the same sex please let the Reservations Team know.
Parties of younger people will also need to be checked with the individual holiday home owner and a larger Security Deposit may be required to secure the booking. Please let us know your requirements.
- What can we expect in a Your Cornwall Holiday property? Each of our properties are different, but most holiday home owners will supply a Welcome Pack with some goodies of tea, coffee, milk and sugar for your arrival. All beds in the property will be dressed and towels supplied for each member of your party.
- Why do you need to know the number and composition of the party when making the booking? We need to know how many are staying in the property so that adequate linen can be supplied, if a sofa bed is required. Also in the case of emergencies i.e. a fire at the Holiday Home, so therefore it is helpful to have all of the names of the party when booking.
- What are Changeover days? Changeover days are usually your departure day when the housekeeping team arrive to clean a Holiday Home throughout and change the bed linen and towels. The normal changeover day is indicated on each individual Holiday Home description. Changeover days can vary out of the main season or for Short Breaks. Please get in contact with the Reservations Team if you have a query.
- What if I have any Special Requirements? If you have any special requirements such as mobility issues, please call our reservations team to help you find holiday accommodation that is ideal for you.
- Are Pets Welcome? Yes at our Pet Friendly Holiday Accomodation. A number of our Holiday Homes are pleased to accept your pets, but there will be a charge i.e. for a small dog the charge is £25.00 per dog. If pets are welcome in a holiday home, this will be indicated in the property description. The charge is to cover any extra cleaning that may be required. Please note that if you do bring a dog on holiday you must clear up after your pet and they must remain under control and well behaved at all times. Pets are not permitted in any bedrooms or to sit on any furniture. Your Cornwall Holiday will of course welcome Assistance Dogs in all of our properties.
- Do I need to bring my own Bed Linen and Bath Towels? All bed linen will be supplied and all beds in a property will be dressed and ready for use. If a sofa bed has been requested, linen will be supplied but the sofa bed will not be made up. A hand towel and bath towel will be supplied for each guest.
- Do I get a linen and towel change if I am staying for 2 weeks? Yes you will get a mid-stay linen/towel change half way through your holiday. Your Housekeeper will usually send you a mobile text to advise when this will take place.
- Do I need to bring Beach Towels, Travel Cot or High Chair? Yes you will need to bring your own Beach Towels. If your party require the use of a travel cot or high chair, please ensure that this is made known at the time of booking. Some holiday properties will have a cot or highchair already in the property, but some may not. Please note that guests must bring their own linen for travel cots.
- What if I need additional equipment during my holiday? If you need to book a Wheelchair, need a Stairgate or an extra Cot or Highchair during your stay. Please contact the Reservations Team.
- Do all Holiday Homes have heating? Yes all holiday homes will have some form of heating.
- Do I have use of a telephone at the holiday home? Unless stated in the Holiday Home description, there will be no use of a landline telephone.
- Is Broadband/Wireless access available? Holiday Homes with wireless internet access will show this in the description on the Your Cornwall Holiday website. Please be aware that sometimes in particularly more rural areas there maybe properties where internet access is intermittent or even on occasion unavailable for short periods of time. Also in some Holiday Homes the strength of the wireless signal can vary from room to room, particularly in some older Holiday Homes due to the thickness of the walls. If the internet is important to you and you are unsure about the quality of internet access, please ask.
- What is classed as ‘Walking Distance’? When a Holiday Home description states that a beach, shop, pub or restaurant is within walking distance, Your Cornwall Holiday classes this as between a few metres or up to 1 mile. If you have a question, please ask.
- Do all Holiday Homes have parking? The Your Cornwall Holiday website aims to include the status of parking within the accomodation description. Some Holiday Homes may only have parking for one car, so please contact the Reservations Team if you have any queries.
- Can I charge my Electric Vehicle at the Holiday Home? If you are planning to charge your Electric Vehicle during your stay, please make sure you obtain permission before arrival and be aware that there will be a charge (which is at the Owners discretion). Owners take meter readings on each changeover.
- Can I smoke in my Holiday Home? Smoking is prohibited in all of our properties. Please be aware that these restrictions may also extend to the external and surrounding areas of an individual Holiday Home, Apartment Building or Holiday Complex. Please note if guests do smoke in a Holiday Home, there will be charges for specialist cleaning to rid any smoke odours.
Post booking questions
- What time can we arrive at our property and what time must we depart by? Your check in time will be shown on your Booking Confirmation, but it is usually 3pm. Check out is at 10.00 am on the day of departure. If these times differ for a specific Holiday Home the times will be detailed in your final confirmation documents. Please be aware that if guests leave later than 10.00 am there will be a charge of £50.00 per hour.
- How do I get directions to my Holiday Home? This information will be provided on receipt of your final balance payment (or the whole cost of your holiday if booking within 8 weeks of your arrival). The Postcode for your Holiday Home will also be provided for Sat Nav purposes.
- Where do I collect the keys for my Holiday Accommodation? This will be detailed in your final confirmation documents and then you will be sent a text message 3 to 4 days prior to arrival with an access code to the external key safe located at your Holiday Home.
- Can I invite family/friends to stay in the Holiday Home I have booked? Your holiday accommodation is for the use of your party only and the numbers in the accommodation may not exceed those stated in the Holiday Home description or on the booking form at any time. It is also not acceptable to invite family/friends who might be staying nearby to visit you every day to use the facilities at the Holiday Home nor anyone not listed on the booking confirmation to stay overnight.
- What do I do if I have a problem or any issues during my stay? On your booking confirmation you will have details of who to contact and it is imperative that you contact the designated person as soon as any issues arrive so that they can take any remedial action. If you are unable to contact your designated person, please make sure that you contact us at Your Cornwall Holiday within 24 hours so that we can help you.
- What would happen if something gets broken/damaged at a Your Cornwall Holiday home? Holiday Home Owners expect that a certain amount of wear and tear is inevitable and this applies to the odd broken glass or plate. However, if something does get damaged during your stay, please ensure that you inform the person listed on your booking documentation or call Your Cornwall Holiday within 24 hours. This way the Housekeeping/Maintenance team can arrange to repair or fix any issues prior to the arrival of the next guests. Please be aware that some damages and breakages will be charged for i.e. stains to carpets, broken windows etc.
- Do we need to clean the Holiday Home before we depart? Your Cornwall Holiday asks that you leave your Holiday Home in the same state of general order and cleanliness as on arrival. Any Holiday Homes that are left in an unreasonable manner will incur extra charges to cover extra cleaning costs etc.
- What happens if I need to cancel my holiday? We advise all our guests to take out holiday insurance in case you do need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. The Booking Fee, Deposit and any extras are not refundable and you will still be liable to pay the full balance as well.
- What if I want to extend my stay? If you wish to extend Your Cornwall Holiday, please contact our Reservations team. It might not always be possible, but please ask.
- How can I book a Holiday Home for the following season? For a holding fee of £25 per week you can reserve your chosen Holiday Home until the new Tariffs are published (usually in August). Please contact our Reservations Team for further information.
- Can we give feedback? Your Cornwall Holiday values feedback from our guests and we will send you a request to complete an online questionnaire following your stay